Video Recording Instruction
All presenters of accepted and registered papers for ICOEN 2022 are required to upload a pre-recorded video for their paper presentation. This pre-recorded video needs to be submitted to conference committee before the conference. The pre-recorded video presentation will be played during presenters’ scheduled session. All presenters are required to join the virtual presentation according to their scheduled session. Each presenter is allocated 10 minutes for their pre-recorded video presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please see the following guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING YOUR VIDEO
Duration: 10 minutes
File size: 100MB max
Video file format: MP4 (Please do NOT upload Powerpoint or PDF files) Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Our recommended approach is to record a compatible video from content displayed on computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone. Presenters are required to show their face and presentation slides during video recording. Please start the presentation with a brief self-introduction.
- All files must be in MP4 Format
- Less than or equal to 1mbps bitrate: To check the bitrate, right-click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD
- Please use the following naming convention: presenter full name and paper ID.mp4 (example: Sitiaminah_049-047.mp4). The paper ID that was entered in front of your paper.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
- Record in a quiet environment.
- Avoid areas that have an echo.
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection is recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection is required.
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording for a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments as necessary.
Please note that files that are not compliance to the above guidelines may not be uploaded.
SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO
(DUE DATE: 25th October 11 a.m.)
Please remember to submit video on the link:
For any further inquiries, please feel free to contact ICOEN 2022 secretariat: [email protected]